The trip is coming up and I am slammed trying to secure a little sponsorship, put together the website, plan the journey, acquire the gear, and get my ass used to the saddle. Not to mention my day job. So here's a brief note to kick of this here blog.
The proposed agenda is as follows:
- Fly into Ushaia – January 25
- 2 days in Ushaia
- Bike to Porvenir (267 miles – January 29 to February 1 @ 66.75 miles/day)
- Boat to Punta Arenas
- Bike to Puerto Natales (154 miles – February 2 – February 3 @ 77 miles/day)
- Torres del Paine Circuit (~7 days – February 4 to February 10)
- Bike from Puerto Natales to El Chalten (268 miles – February 11 to February 15 @ 53.6 miles/day)
- 3 days in El Chalten (February 16 – February 18)
- Boat to Villa O’Higgins (February 19)
- Bike to Chaiten (534 miles – February 19 to February 26 @ 66.75 miles/day)
- Ferry to Puerto Montt (February 27)
- Fly to Buenos Aires (February 27)
1223 miles of cycling, plus over a week of backpacking. Can't wait.
Life moves fast. Travel slow.